On last nights “Natural Approaches to Autism” Webinar, the overwhelming questions was, “What supplements should my child be taking.” With clients, I often give them the supplements that their child should ideally be on and then… a top priority list. So, this is the “Top 5 List,” in order of our experience and preference*. Visit www.beckycash.com if you would like to set up an appointment for a more personalized set of recommendations based on your personal situation.
- Pre and Probiotics: The vast majority of children and adults on the autism spectrum are shown to have digestive issues. Many have had digestive issues so long that you literally have to ask them if they have a stomach ache or have gone to the bathroom that day to know that they are having problems. And if they are non-verbal, this becomes a bigger challenge. Probiotics replace the good flora in the intestines, that have died off because of poor eating, medications, leaky gut syndrome and many other culprits. In our home, we tell our children that these good flora are the soldiers that keep our whole body healthy. You need a good probiotic that guarantees delivery of the bacteria to the intestines. A pre-biotic powder is also recommended as you begin to replace and feed these good bacteria.
- Multi-vitamin/multi-mineral supplement– This is where I must be clear that NOT ALL SUPPLEMENTS are equal and a store bought chewable, gummy or gumball may actually do more harm than good with our children. I say harm, because not only are the nutrients in these supplements not readily available to absorb in the body (making them more likely to flush down the toilet), but many actually contain chemicals that leach in our children’s digestive tracts. We recommend a few different options because we know there are different dietary limits and our children can be very picky. Please contact us if you need more help with choosing.
- Fish Oils – For our children on the spectrum, pure fish oils are recommended to help with concentration, brain function, and inflammation that is often missed in the gut. Amazingly, fish oil is the top recommended supplement by the entire medical community and is now widely recommended for women during pregnancy, both as an anti-inflammatory; as well as, to boost babies brain development. When working with clients, I recommend an omega capsule that can be chewed by many children, but can also be swallowed or pierced and mixed in applesauce, juice or any neutralizing food. A word of caution. I often have families tell me they tried a flavored fish oil and their child would Not take the product. Upon questioning, I learn that they went strait for the flavored and never tried a pure fish oil without flavoring. We find that many of our children actually prefer the pure, non-rancid supplement to flavored products that often have odd textures.
- Calcium Magnesium– Calcium Magnesium supplements may actually be recommended for many of our children and family members because of the poor diets associated with autism or a Casein Free diet, but this supplement is so much more. Magnesium has been proven to slow down the heart rate, calming down hyper-activity and has also been shown as a catalyst in helping to curb or reduce bed wetting. One of our children has restless leg syndrome and magnesium is often recommended by neurologists to help with the leg tremors associated with this condition. For parents of hyperactive children, calcium magnesium can definitely be a welcome addition. The brand we recommend can be found in flavored chewable or in a crushable tablet that can also be swallowed.
- Protein Powder– We have been using Protein Powder with our children for many years, but were amazed as our children became older, at how their bodies actually craved the plant based protein. We actually began to see difference in cognition and energy based on whether or not they had a “shake” and what time of day it was at. Many of our clients also report that they see a significant difference in their children’s concentration and focus if they drink the protein for breakfast. One mom told us that her food budget reduced and her stress level went down. This happened because her children were no longer craving the bowls of carb loaded cereal and snacks and hour after eating and were concentrating so much better. As our daughter became more vocal and higher functioning, she would report leg cramps on days when she had not had the protein. Recent urine and saliva testing, through our doctor, showed us that our 11 year old with aspergers, who does not drink the shakes, has a protein deficiency because her body does not absorb other forms of protein in dairy and foods. We recommend beginning with Non-GMO soy protein or Whey Protein for children and adults with a soy sensitivity or allergy. These are organic forms of protein powder and come in several flavors.
While we generalize on supplements in our article, we work with and recommend a couple different brands in our office. Many families will report that they purchased various brands and did not see results. After years of going to conferences, studying and researching, we have become very careful to only work with brands that can prove bio-availability, testing and that we are willing to give our own child. If you would like to work with us to develop a supplementation program or to schedule a consultation, please Contact Us. You can learn more about our clinic at www.beckycash.com.
*Based on our experience with both our own children and the families we have been blessed to work with over many years; as well as, recommendations from the Biomedical, Functional and Naturopathic Health Communities. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nutrition Therapy, Homeopathy… the list goes on and on. Which therapies are best for your child? Which ones will actually yield benefits and how do you know which ones to try? As the mother of 3 children on the autism spectrum, we have used many therapies to help our children on the autism journey. Tonight, I will present our webinar, “Healing Autism Naturally.” Topics include:
buy lasix online overnight shipping
This seemed to help me a lot. I noticed an effect after about 2 weeks of use. Viagra for sale without a prescription
! You are guaranteed to find our products safe and best for your purposes.
What diagnoses fit within the ASD (Autism) family
What traditional medicine has to offer
What natural therapies can be used to help our children and families
Be sure to invite your friends and families to http://healthandwealth.adobeconnect.com/autism/ to join us. Webinar begins at 8:30 p.m. CST. Space is limited so please arrive early to insure a spot on the webinar. If you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss any of the topics discussed on the webinar, or a nutrition consultation, please fill out the form in the contact section of www.asdperspectives.com .
Becky Cash is the mother of five children and author of the recent book, “Healing Autism Naturally.” Several of her children are on the autism spectrum and she has used a combination on traditional therapies, diet, and nutritional supplementation to help recover her children from ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders.)
Methylation and Autism was a big topic at the Autism One Conference and may be a big piece of the puzzle in figuring out why autism is on the rise. I first learned about the methylation cycle when my children began seeing a functional medicine doctor, about 3 years ago. Through testing, the doctor discovered that this pathway was closed to my children and therefore their bodies could not process properly. Among other things, they were not absorbing iron, b-12 and other nutrients properly. And so we began the work of opening this pathway. At that time, our doctor was looking to help our oldest child who just seemed to be getting sicker by the year. She had already been diagnosed with celiac and thyroid disease and showed signs of mitochondrial disease. Her processing issues were getting worse and she was very week. In beginning to open this pathway, we definitely noticed improvements in areas such as emotion and energy.
lasix 12.5 mg
Recent research has shown that many children on the autism spectrum may infact have this genetic condition, poor methylation. So what exactly is the big deal here? The methylation cycle is actually a series of processes that leads to proper detoxification of the body. In addition, each process in the cycle requires and allows absorption of key nutrients, such as, folic acid, B12 vitamins and iron. We can already see why we would have a big problem if this system is not working properly. At the end of the methylation cycle is the production of glutathione, the strongest naturally produced antioxidant in the body and the antioxidant needed to detox things like heavy metals out of the body. Since the cycle does not work, we can begin to minimally hypothesize that this could lead to a connection as to why many children on the spectrum are found to have high levels of metals in their body.
Higher dosage seems to be more effective. Viagra uk
. Canadian drugs are only shipped from our affiliated Canadian dispensary.
The research supporting poor methylation in children on the autism spectrum is now being looked at and supported by such Northeastern University and John Hopkins Institute; as well as, the Autism Research Institute. DAN doctors are also creating new treatment protocols to work directly on opening the methylation process and, as I shared, this was a big topic at the Autism One Conference this year.
To learn more about methylation we suggest looking at the following resources.
If you would like more information about non-invasive testing for your child, or yourself, please contact me. We work with a team of functional medicine doctors who use saliva and urine testing to diagnose breakdowns in key processes such as liver, kidney, adrenals, oxidation and many more. The testing is affordable and can be done from your home.
Wow, what an incredible week we had at the Autism One Conference in Lombard, Illinois. I commented that I was already overwhelmed an hour after registration and I had not even been to a talk, yet. To be in a place where everyone works with or has a child with autism, and everyone believes that we can get our children back is an absolutely unbelievable place to be. I was also blown away by the level of knowledge that penetrated the Westin Hotel for five glorious days. Please do not get me wrong… I was exhausted, overwhelmed, cried, laughed and breathed in a way that I have not in so long.
buy softtabs viagra
Over the next couple weeks, I will write about several of the topics discussed at the conference. You also may see a bit of a stronger tone in the words that I write. My goal, through nutritional and autism consulting is to truly help families get to the next level in helping their families. I watched my own child… no I particpated in my own childs’ journey from not being able to walk or talk or be able to go to school or be around too many lights and sounds to where she is today…. a nine year old child entering full time school in the Fall with 26 other students, at grade level. I worked tirelessly to heal what we now know are rampant health issues in children with autism…. I fought the insurance companies, the public schools, the doctors who could not move forward. And I believe that the families reading and working with ASDperspectives want health and healing also, for their children, their families, and themselves.
Mark, has you ordered this medicine? Do you satisfied? Ordering viagra without prescription
? Many rogue pharmacies are happy to bypass a doctor’s prescription in order to win your business.
We look forward to continuing on this journey with you.